I have been a Field Engineer since 1996 when I started as a DSL installer for Bellsouth in South Florida. Doing a variety of work from Dmarc extensions, Voice and Data cabling (all types of cabling from large new structured cabling to adding to existing small office’s), turning up/installing Cisco switches/routers, computer/laptop and printer services, I have enough server experience to manage the hardware repairs, worked on a variety of POS systems, VoIP installs, CCTV installs, video conferencing and A/V equipment, mounting large screen TV's, rack and stack of telecommunications equipment, mostly in a live environment. I have most of the tools needed to complete installs and I carry General liability/Workers Comp. I drive a pickup with weekender ladder racks.
Having a lot of site survey experience that really helps get the job done right the first time. I also have experience with wireless AP’s, VoIP, CCTV, networks/computers, Telco from the CO to the MPOE/Dmarc.
I’ve worked in the V.A., S.S.A., as well as Data Centers in Philadelphia, Austin and Miami. Being Verizon CO badged gave me experience in central office environment.
Being A+ computer savvy (2003), Microsoft Certified Professional (2003), Network+ (2011) and HP desktop/laptop/printer Certified (2007) just gives me an edge.Working with Cisco, Adtran, Siemens and other SOHO routers and switches makes me smart hands onsite.
I work well with non-technical end-users from management to
Administrative staff to resolve issues in a supportive and
Constructive way. I’ve worked in the V.A., S.S.A., as well as Data Centers in Philadelphia, Austin and Miami. Being Verizon CO badged gave me experience in central office environment I can write or follow a technical script, lead or follow as team member.
Beginning the year for a change, 1996
· Broadband installation. DSL, T-1, Cable, ISDN.
· Configure SOHO routers, install Cisco routers/switches- Complete new equipment installs mostly in live environments and cut over to new internet service. Performing testing to ensure all computers, phones, wireless devices, and printers are online.
· Repair/replace hardware on laptops, desktops, servers, printers.
· Repair Windows 95 thru Windows 8 operating systems.
· Virus/spyware removal.
· Data recovery. Password recovery.
· Server 2000-2012 install and break/fix
· Microsoft Office, Visio, Excel.
· Ticketing- Remedy, Remedy 9-1-1, VaryaNet, Matrix, DPI, M-6, Cert,
· IMAC Technician (install, move, add, change).
· Wireless networks. Access Points...
· Point of Sale systems installation and upgrade.
· CCTV built, installed and end user training.
· Site surveys of phone lines and systems, data rack equipment, broadband circuits.
· Voice/Data cabling in new and existing structures. Read blueprints.
· Rack and stack of communications equipment in a “live” environment.
· Demarc extensions in homes, high rise buildings and malls.
Everything I do in my many professions is backed by a tested and proven track record of customer satisfaction. Letters of reference available on request.
Sign up to hear from us.